Friday 17 February 2012

Nail of the Day: Pretty Pastels (hurry up Spring!)

Today my garden has started to show some signs of life- there are some pretty purple flowers at the bottom of the garden under the pear tree, and some real greenery growing near the patio- looks like Spring is finally on it's way, and as far as I'm concerned it cannot come soon enough; I'm totally fed up of being cold!!! So I decided to do a fun pastel manicure today, sort of in celebration :)

Ironically, considering the topic of yesterdays post, my cuticles are not in great condition... oops!







I used two lovely Revlon polishes- Sunshine Sparkle and Peach Smoothie (a scented polish) that were both Spring/Summer colours for last year :) I used three coats of each (I think pastels will always be less opaque) then added the dots in each corner with a small dotting tool. Despite how easy this design is (it took about 2 minutes to do all the dots on both hands), I really love it; simple but effective!


Revlon Peach Smoothie & Sunshine Sparkle

Are you hoping for Spring as much as I am? Ready for all the Springtime pastels?



                                                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think I would like this type of mani but actually it really works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have to admit the alternating colours do remind me of my early teens... I only ever did alternating colours then! Oh the 90's!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. That's a really cute mani, I can't wait for the weather to warm up for those brighter nail colours :)

    Charlee
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too! hopefully not too long until it starts to warm up now (fingers crossed!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)