Friday 10 February 2012

Nail of the Day: Carnival Madness!

Not a particularly original post title I know, but we can't all be awesome all the time... I'm off to a Hen party tomorrow and I have lots of bits and pieces to get done before I leave. I'm hoping to schedule a post for tomorrow evening, but if I don't you can go ahead and assume I've prioritised packing clothes and booking train tickets! :)

I wanted something fairly colourful on my nails for the weekend, and after much deliberation (it honestly took at least 30 minutes of looking at my nail wheels and polishes) I decided that e.l.f. Metal Madness and Technic Carnival would go rather well together (now do you understand the title?) Metal Madness is a must have polish from e.l.f.- at first it looks like a generic gunmetal grey shade, but in the light you can see lots of tiny multicoloured shimmer particles, it's rather unique :) Carnival is also a brilliant polish- it does smell pretty potent, but it's a great cheap dupe for OPI Rainbow Connection- I love multicoloured glitter!








And because I think it came out kinda cool:



Despite not being able to take brilliant photographs (either my camera has suddenly decided to hate me, my few photography skills have vanished or the lighting I use has changed without my knowledge....) I really love this combination- the rainbow glitter doesn't look too in-your-face-crazy, and it brightens Metal Madness nicely :)


e.l.f. Metal Madness and technic Carnival
 What are your must have polishes?



                                                                                                              xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. Great nails.. love the look! Hope you have fun at the hen party :D xx

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure I will thanks!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Lovely nails :) Have a great time at the hen party :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Try and stop me!!!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. I love those rainbow glitters!! There's one I really want to buy from etsy, if she ever gets it back in stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- they're awesome! Ooh fingers crossed for you :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)