Tuesday 28 February 2012

Why yes I DID need three new nail polishes.... (a little haul)

First of all some book news; I just finished reading Catching Fire (the 2nd in The Hunger Games trilogy) and OMG it was awesome!!! (I very nearly refused to leave the house for shopping or picking Amy up from school...) I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through, although I did sort of predict the ending :)

Anyway, I went shopping today- mostly with intention of purchasing the items I want for my 100 follower giveaway (which should be posted tomorrow) but somewhat inevitably I also bought a few things for myself... because obviously I need more nail polish and lip balm in my life!



NYC Lights-Camera-Glitter and Rosy Knows, No7 Stand Back


I've been wanting NYC Lights-Camera-Glitter for a while now and my Superdrug finally had it in stock-when I noticed that the NYC Expert Last range was on 2 for £2.99 (£2.49 for one) I really couldn't say no.
This is a beautiful glitter polish- there's lots of small silver glitter, with larger bright blue and some lavender glitter particles.

None of the other shades particularly grabbed me (the range is mostly basic colours) but I picked out Rosy Knows (cute name!) and since getting it home I'm really glad that I did- it's not actually similar to any pinks I own (surprising considering I've filled a whole nail wheel with my pinks!) It's a lovely deep raspberry pink shade :) Despite the roundness of the lids (which I usually hate- like the Models Own polish bottles) I think I'll like the lid for application, because it's shorter I can still get a decent grip on them- I'll see how the actual polish works for me though.

I also went to boots and picked up some boring essentials (including a Neutrogena Visibly Clear face wash for me, and a Clean and Clear daily scrub for my sister) so I got myself a £5 off No7 voucher. Naturally I couldn't not use it, and I picked out Stand Back, it's fairly similar to Models Own Feeling Blue, but is actually a lot more teal than it's showing in the picture (that's what I get for reading in daylight hours instead of taking pictures!) it's a beautiful colour! And will probably be my next NOTD :)


MUA Love Hearts Lip Balm in Sugar Lips

Superdrug also finally had the MUA Love Hearts range in stock- all 6 polishes and 4 of the lip balms. I didn't purchase any of the polishes as they are all essentially dupes of what I already have, but I did buy a lip balm- I chose Sugar Lips which is a lovely pastely pink shade.

The balm doesn't seem to offer any pigment to the lips (I imagine the darker shades would though, I did pick one of the lightest options) but the scent, taste (or lack thereof) and moisturising more than makes up for it. They smell rather convincingly of vanilla cake- yum! but don't have a taste at all, and they are actually rather moisturising so far, if Superdrug has any different shades available next time I'm in I think I might have to buy another!


What have you been buying recently? And what have you been reading recently? (I have a feeling I'll be finishing The Hunger Games trilogy soon and I'll need something to fill the void)



                                                                                                         xGretalRabbitx

10 comments:

  1. Great haul love the colors and that lip balm is suepr cute!
    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, aren't they awesome! :) Yeah just like giant love heart sweeties!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. I've been reading The Song of Ice and Fire :D SO GOOD SO FAR! It's a quartet I think? Or maybe there are 5 books, in which case it'd be a series....either way, they're fantastic! Especially since you loved The Hunger Games as much as I did.

    ANDD yay for the haul, and CONGRATULATIONS on 100 followers! That's true dedication right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah I've heard good things about that series too- I'll have to read it next, thanks for the recommendation :)

      Thank you- I'm super happy about it!!!

      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
    2. Yay! Keep me updated. I'm still midway through the first book. Midterms forced me to stop reading obsessively for a bit haha

      Delete
    3. Well I'm putting off starting Mockingjay for a little bit because I know I'll want to read it cover to cover in one sitting.... but I might read it tomorrow, I'll keep you posted :) Stupid exams get in the way of so much fun stuff!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. One can never have enough nail polishes and lip balms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree! I think I'm a lip balm and nail polish addict :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  4. The Hunger Games series is amazing! You'll die when you read mockingjay..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it (big mistake as I have stuff to do!) and it's proving hard to put down... though I've dragged myself away until later tonight :) I'm so excited to see how it ends!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)