Thursday 23 February 2012

Review: Dove Visible Effects Body Lotion.

Over the past few months I've been making a bit of an effort to clear out the collection of random lotions and potions I had lying around- samples of shampoo and travel sized moisturisers etc, and its been going quite well- I'm all out of hair product samples and I've down to just a couple of body moisturisers (including two delicious smelling Body Shop body butters in Coconut and Mango) but up until now I've not discovered anything particularly exciting... 'nothing to write home about' anyway. But this week I got around to using my sample bottle of the Dove Visible Effects body lotion and I am super-impressed :)




I'm sure you'll have noticed if you've seen some of my favourites posts that I really love Dove's body washes, so it wasn't too much of a surprise to me that I like this moisturiser so much. I'm fairly certain that I got this sample size sent to me (join the withDove mailing list and they often send out samples!) at some stage, but this retails at £5.49 for 250ml (currently on offer for £3 at Adsa) - possibly more than I'd generally pay for a moisturiser, but I think this one could be worth it.




The product itself is a thin white cream, with a 'fresh' scent that reminds me of aloe vera and cucumber. It sinks into the skin really quickly and feels lovely and silky, though I'm not convinced it has a 'visible effect' on the condition of my skin. I'm also not convinced by the claims that it penetrates deep into the skin.... but it works- so I don't particularly care about the pseudo scientific claims.

My skin has felt really soft and smooth since using it and I think it's much better than other body moisturisers I've tried (bar The Body Shop Body Butter) and because of the light but deeply moisturising texture I think it would be especially good for hot weather and holidays- where you need the moisture but really don't want a thick, heavy formula that leaves you feeling sticky...

The ingredients are somewhat chemical heavy- but among the top ingredients are glycerin and urea- both great moisturisers, and it has definitely not irritated my skin at all (including the small patch of eczema I currently have inside my elbow) so I wouldn't worry too much about trying it if you have sensitive skin like me.

Overall I really love this body lotion, it's one of the most richly moisturising lotions I've tried- and has a lovely non-greasy formula, what's not to love! If you're in the market for a new body lotion I definitely recommend giving this one a try :)


Are you a fan of Dove skincare?



                                                                                                              xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)