Thursday 2 February 2012

Review: MUA Professional Eyeshadow Palette, Immaculate Collection.

I bought this palette a while ago now (mid-December seems so long ago!) and I'd have quite a bit of chance to play around with the shadows- so I though it was about time I shared my review :)

This is another beautiful palette from MUA- with 24 shadows for a bargainous £8 (though I got mine free with an £8 spend in Superdrug last year) and this time there's a mixture of shimmery, glittery and matte shadows, in a wide variety of colours.



Left Side



Right Side



The shimmery and glittery shadows are up to the usual brilliant standard- they are well pigmented and (with a primer) they will last all day with no fading/creasing. They can be a little powdery, but with a primer I don't find that a problem at all. However some of the matte shades are a bit of a disappointment, with a couple of I can't even pick up any colour :( Though there are only a 4 like that, which still leaves 20 awesome shades.


Now for some swatches!






MUA still haven't bothered naming their shades yet (which I don't care about, but it could be fun) but they have assigned numbers for each eye shadow in this palette (this picture is shown on the back of the palette, along with some 'master class' ideas)

As far as I can tell there is only one dupe- shade 18 is almost identical to MUAs single shade 1. There are a couple of other shades that do look similar to other MUA shadows, but I've swatched and compared (I wish I took pictures on my hands and arms after this swatch session- it was a [lovely and colourful] mess!)

I'm not going to describe each shade individually- there's a lot of shades and I'm sure I ramble on quite enough! But I think all of the swatches above show the true-to-life shades very well. I really like the colour combinations here, there's enough neutral shades to be practical, but there are also lots of bright and fun colours- and what's great for me is that there are a couple of shades that I never would have picked out, but ended up quite liking.

As you can probably tell shades 13 and 23 are complete duds- I couldn't pick up any colour at all, and shades 9 and 20 are rather sheer, but can be used as highlight colours.

I'm not quite sure how I'd use them yet, but I am in love with: shade 24 (I want it in a nail polish, the duo chrome is awesome!) shade 15- which you may not be able to tell, has a beautiful golden duo chrome effect, and shade 19, a lovely black/green colour :)


Overall, I really like this palette, the quality (barring the 4 duds) is brilliant, as I've come to expect from MUA (the Dusk til Dawn, Heaven and Earth and Starry Night palettes are all awesome too!) and I've been really enjoying the challenge of creating a different look every day with all of these shades :)


Do you have the Immaculate Collection? What are your thoughts?



                                                                                                    xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. oooh all these look amazing and MUA is so reasonably price! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Yeah agreed, I still can't quite beleive how good they are for the price :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. I have this palette although I haven't tried it out yet, I'm going to have a play this weekend! I've got my eye on the Heaven and Earth palette and will try and pick it up next time I'm in Superdrug as so many people seem to be raving about it, the great thing I find about MUA is that because it's so cheap you don't mind if you don't use all the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It deserves to be used- it really is a great palette! Yeah the Heaven and Earth palette is my favourite of the MUA palettes- it's awesome! Definitely, such amazing value for money :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, I use the Heaven & Earth Palette everyday & keep debating whether it's worth buying this one too. The purples and blues are such nice shades!

    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I think it's a great palette :) And it's only £8! (what could possibly go wrong!) :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)