Wednesday 22 February 2012

Nail of the Day: Happy World Thinking Day!!! :)

Today is World Thinking day, the day Guides, Brownies and Rainbows remember and celebrate other members of the Guide Association around the world. The date is the birthday of both Lord and Lady Baden-Powell, the founders of Guides and Scouts (what a happy coincidence they share a birthday!)

So, somewhat naturally for me, I decided to mark the occasion on my nails- I used No7 Poolside Blue (one coat! I love this polish!), which as well as being a good TARDIS blue also works well as the background of my Promise Badge, then added the Trefoil with Barry M Gold Foil (I've used a lot of gold this week haven't I?!) and a small nail art brush :)





Barry M Gold Foil and No7 Poolside Blue

It's definitely not my best 'artwork'- the basic shape is there but the star in the middle became more of a blob... (I don't think I'll ever be very good with nail art brushes, I can't draw either!) but my Brownies did actually recognise what it is (they thought it was pretty cool) so I consider it a success!


Happy Thinking Day! Especially to those who have been involved in Guiding at some point! (I bet lots of you were Brownies as a child!)



                                                                                                              xGretalRabbitx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely nails :) I didn't know it was thinking day today - learn something new everyday.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yep- happy Thinking Day! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful! And I still can't believe it's a one-coater :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. So loveley!!!! Maybe a little more practice, but I love the idea!!!!!!

    I will do the same one of these days :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)