Monday 6 February 2012

Challenge Week 19: Polka Dot!

This weeks 52 week challenge theme is another that has encouraged me to get around to doing a manicure I've been wanting to do for a while- ever since I changed my blog design around to the grey polka dot background and pink accents, I've wanted to translate the pattern onto my nails! So this week I did just that!

I used two coats of Models Own Grey Day as a base, then added small dots of Models Own Snow White over the top with a small dotting tool. I ended up doing differently spaced dots on almost all of my nails- I'm not great at being consistent! But I think the spacing on my middle finger is my favourite :) On my ring finger I used 17 Miami Pop in Palm Beach on the top half of my nail- like the header bar above!

Sorry the pictures aren't particularly great, I don't know why but I had no luck at all taking pictures this evening- I may try again tomorrow morning in daylight and see if I can replace these with better pictures!






Models Own Grey Day and Snow White, 17 Palm Beach

I have to say I really love polka dots- and they are a great nail design idea for when you're feeling kinda lazy-there's fairly little effort involved and they're super effective :)


What do you have on your nails right now?



                                                                                                     xGretalRabbitx

12 comments:

  1. love the polka dots on the grey, looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love grey (as you can probably tell!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. This looks great. My nails are bare at the moment. I've got my polishes next to me ready to paint them, they've been there since yesterday. I still haven't found the time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ooh what are you planning on painting them? I hope you'll post notd pictures!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. Wow your nails look fab :) I love the pink and grey combined :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at your photos I thought you'd used the dotted image from a stamping plate! Your dots are so neatly spaced, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you- I'm usually awful at getting the spacing right but I did try super-hard this time! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  5. Pink and grey, always a winner in my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too, they work really well together don't they!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)