Because it's been so chilly I've favoured staying in and staying warm-and not wearing make up- over leaving the house if at all possible... so there aren't too many new favourites- plus most of my current make up favourites are the same (wonderful) staples that have been favourites for ages (like all the items in my favourites of 2011 post) That said, there are a couple of new things:
- MUA Immaculate Collection palette. Surprisingly I've used mainly the neutralish shades, but I've been trying my best to get out of my comfort zone and add a little colour to my make up :)
- Primark Ta Ta For Now undereye concealer- I bought this ages ago but I'm attempting to use up some bits and pieces of make up, and I really love this, I'm not really sure why I stopped using it...
- Natural Collection solo eye shadow in Milk Chocolate- a lovely matte crease shade.
- e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Gunmetal, I use this (instead of my beloved Cream Eyeliner) on lazier days when a bit of liner and mascara will do.
There are also quite a few skincare items that I'm loving at the moment, they're making my dry skin bearable!
- Neutrogena Concentrated Hand Cream- I've been using this at least 3 times a day recently- especially just before bed as an over night treatment :)
- e.l.f. Nourishing Cuticle Pen- my cuticles are in ok condition at the moment, thanks mostly to this little gem!
- Carmex Mint Tube- I'm well and truly addicted to this one!
- E45 Cream (it's in a tub because I got it from my Grandma, who has a huge 1litre tub at home!) was a bit of a lifesaver for me last week, my sister and I both had colds and E45 is great for dry, sore noses :)
- Rescue Oil- my skin has been so dry recently that I've used this as an extra facial moisturiser quite a bit.
- Simple Soothing Eye Balm- another lovely product to help my skin stay moisturised. My eyes have been really irritated recently too and this has helped a lot :)
- Vitamin E hot Cloth Cleanser- this has been so lovely in the cold weather, it cleanses nicely but isn't harsh on my dry and irritated skin!
And some body-care favourites:
- L'Oreal EverStrong shampoo and conditioner-I usually like to switch out my shampoo quite frequently, butI've not really needed to recently, and my hair still feels lovely :)
- The Body Shop Brazil Nut Shower Cream- I've just started using this (about time too, I've had it for ages!) and it's lovely- like the Dove bodywashes it feels nicely moisturising :)
- The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter- by coincidence I've been enjoying brazil nut scented products, this body butter is brillant; richly moisturising and sinks in nicely- I've been making sure I moisturise head to toe at least once a day!
I've also been thoroughly enjoying John Greens The Fault in Our Stars- I've been a fan of the vlogbrothers on youtube for years, and I have no idea why I've not read any of John's other books, I love his style of writing :)
And I've finally gotten around to watching Community, my friend made me watch a couple of episodes and I wasn't too fussed about it, but I persevered (I knew so many people that thought I'd love it) and as I got to know the characters I began enjoying it a lot more. Now I'm onto season 2 and I'm loving it! :)
And finally- much as I hate the cold, I do rather enjoy snow...
What are you loving and loathing at the moment?