Sunday 5 February 2012

11 Questions Tag! :)

Kristy of My Glittery Obsessions has tagged me in the 11 questions tag, and after being stuck inside all day (the snow here has mostly melted but it's really cold!) I thought I'd get around to posting it :)




Rules!:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
  • Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  • You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
  • Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  • No tag backs.
  • No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this'. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

11 Things About Me!


1) My whole family and I always call Coronation Street (the only soap I will watch) 'The Cat' because when I was young I used to get really excited about the cat walking around in the opening credits (I didn't care about the show itself until I was older!)

2) I cannot sleep unless I'm covered top to toe in my duvet- even if I'm really hot (which is very rare...) I have to be covered. I partly blame a book called The Ankle Grabber- a book I read as a child about a monster that grabbed peoples limbs if the dangled off the bed at night...

3) More than one person has commented on my organisation (with my nail polishes etc.) and thats because I have OCD- everything HAS to have a set place, and I cannot stand things being out of place (at uni all my housemates had to do to drive me mad was leave a cupboard door open a crack) I prefer things to be alphabetised, but my polishes are arranged by colour, and my sister knows better than to put anything away in the wronge place!
4) I cannot count the number of times I've read the Harry Potter series... It must be at least once per year, and I'm currently listening to the audio books (read by Stephen Fry) I love them! :)

5) I didn't like coffee until I got to university- it's strange though because I have always loved the smell of coffee and coffee flavoured things, it just took me a while to get to like actual coffee!

6) I'm really short (5ft 1) and I haven't grown at all since the age of 11- I was quite tall for my age when I was 10, then I stopped growing and everyone else got a lot taller than me!

7) I'm still a total wimp, and scare very easily- Doctor Whos weeping angels are terrifying (I can only watch those episodes in the middle of the day, definitely not in the dark!) And if someone says boo at me you can almost guarantee I'll jump!

8) The only foods I really hate (aside from meat and fish- I've been a vegtarian for about 13 years) are mushrooms and olives. Most other foods I can at least tolerate :) It is annoying though, because vegetarian options almost always include mushrooms...

9) I love the childrens programme Charlie and Lola, and Shaun the Sheep a lot more than is normal for a 23 year old. They're so cute :)

10) I cannot go anywhere without a bottle of water, and I always have a large glass of water near me at all times- I get thirsty if I don't drink at least every half an hour! It's very good for my skin, but not so good for making me need the toilet all the time!

11) I love cleaning. It sounds odd, but if I'm ever stressed or annoyed a good cleaning session really calms me down. My kitchen was always absolutely spotless around exam time!


Kristys 11 questions:


1) If you were awarded an all-expenses-paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you most want to go?

Ooh that's difficult, I'd love to back to Australia and see the rest of it (especially the Great Barrier Reef) but I'd also love to see China, America (north and south) and Thailand... can't choose!


2) What is your favourite TV show?

Doctor Who :)


3) If you could only buy from one cosmetics company for the rest of the year, which one would you choose?

Hmmm... I think e.l.f.- although I shouldn't really need to buy any more cosmetics, I have enough! Although, lets face it, I probably will!


4) What was your favourite book or story as a child?

That's difficult, I loved so many books! I loved Enid Blyton books (especially Bimbo and Topsy) and Jaqueline Wilson books, as well as But Not The Hippoptamus and Mrs Honeys Hat, and everything by Roald Dahl (I think I read all of his books at least 6 times!) and of course, Harry Potter, which came out when I was 10.


5) Do you have a dish or food you are especially good at making? What is it?

Well I love baking, and everyone always loves my cakes (coffee is my speciality) but I also quite like making tiramisu (I don't really like cooking savoury foods as much...) and homemade pizzas.


6) What do you prefer: video/computer games or books?

Definitely books! Although I do enjoy The Sims (on the computer), and Just Dance (on the wii)


7) What is your favourite happy memory? (If you can’t think of one, just describe a recent good memory!)

I have lots of brilliant ones from travellling last year, but some of my fondest memories are just of random family get-togethers playing silly board games at Christmas :)

8) There are about a billion kinds of pizza, some way out there, some much more traditional. What is on your ideal pizza?

Cheese (preferably goats cheese and mozzarella) sweetcorn, pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, and spinach.


9) How would you describe your clothing style? Try and describe it, don’t just say it’s unique or anything like that.

Pretty boring really- I favour practical things that suit my body shape, and I tend to wear the same things over and over again...


10) What is your best life advice, or what is the best advice you’ve ever received?

Erm... not sure on that one!


11) What one thing do you want to achieve more than anything else?

I'm not sure at the moment- basically I just want to be happy in my life :)


And my questions:

1) What is your favourite book? (and why?)
2) What was your first word?
3) If you could speak to one famous person (living or dead) who would it be?
4) What do you wish could be invented?
5) What was the last thing to make you laugh?
6) What was your favourite lesson in school?
7) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
8) What's the first thing you notice about a person?
9) What made you start your blog?
10) What is your favourite make up product or nail polish?
11) What trait do you most dislike in other people?


I tag:


  1. Diaries of a Sephoraphobe
  2. Incense and Peppermints
  3. Nail Spark
  4. No More Nail Biting
  5. Student Life
  6. Don't Eat Leather
  7. A Pretty Obsession
  8. Poppy Red Lips
  9. One Gent's Ten
  10. Pretty Digits
  11. Write Like No One's Watching

Hope that provided some kind of odd insight into my life....



                                                                                           xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)