Tuesday 30 August 2011

Review: Boots essentials 3-minute clay mask (cucumber)

I'm a big fan of face masks: not only can they do wonders for your skin but I find them really soothing and relaxing to use :) I have quite a few now, and I'll be doing a bit of a series of reviews for you over the next few weeks.

I like to apply face masks with a synthetic foundation brush (I use the e.l.f. one) which is great as the product doesn't get stuck between my fingers, the mask is applied more evenly and none is wasted. I remove masks with a dampened facial loofah (Boots Botanics) giving my skin a nice bit of exfoliation as well :)




I got this for my sister a while back (which is why you've not seen it in a haul post) but I think I've used it more than her now! It's available at Boots for £2.03 (50ml) and is often on their 3 for 2 offer.




It has a very delicate cucumber scent (it's not even as strong-smelling as real cucumbers, so I think you'd still like the smell if you don't like real cucumber!) Surprisingly (!) it is a thick white clay which applies easily (I like the squeezey tube, as you can control how much you squeeze out) it feels really nice on my skin; very cooling and soothing.

It only takes 3 minutes (though I often leave it on a little longer) which is great as I'm pretty good at making a mess if it's on my face too long! Once it's 'set' it doesn't have that horrible too-tight feeling (like someone has shrink-wrapped your face) but it certainly feels like it's done something :)






This mask claims to 'draw out impurities and excess oils from the pores leaving skin clean and toned' and whilst it's definitely not some kind of miracle cure, my skin always feels clean and refreshed after using it. As always, it's worth noting that I have dry and sensitive skin (which isn't irritated by this mask) so I'm not sure how it would work for someone with oilier skin (I'll get my sister to try it out properly!)

I really recommend this to everyone;  it's a great (and very cheap) mask which is suitable for everyone, providing clean and soothed skin.

What's your favortite face mask?


                                                                                                     xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)