Sunday 3 August 2014

Texas Haul- go big or go home! (part 1, mainly make up)

As I'm sure you'll know if you've read any of my previous posts (especially my most recent- My Travel Tips which as written mostly from the airport on the way) I recently went on a 2 week trip to Austin Tx to see one of my best friends get married. I went with 5 members of her family and another of my best friends. We had a brilliant time- I don't think the weather dropped below 34C, the wedding went brilliantly (despite many more people arriving than we expected showed $12up) and we saw a good amount of Austin and San Antonio (I'd love to go back and see San Antonio again though- we did a whistle-stop 1 day trip and didn't really get to see anything fully)

Anyway, as it's me I wanted to make sure I took full advantage of the drugstore make up (especially items I cannot get hold of here in England) and I have quite the haul for you...

First up is a few bits I picked up from Target and Walmart (side note: I've never been to a Walmart before- it was epic!)




Now that I'm home hindsight has made me want to buy about 6 of the e.l.f. Shine Eraser sheets- they're only $1 (approx 60p) in Target and £1.95 (not including shipping!) in England! I've been using them more recently so I picked up another packet.

The Maybelline Great Lash is something I've been thinking of trying for a while now- I know it has a cult following and it's been around for years. I got it at Walmart for $4.44 (approx. £2.60- it's £4.99 in Boots)

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows are another thing I've been interested in for a while- but again I thought they'd be cheaper in the US so I was waiting. I purchased Bold Gold (45) and Tough as Taupe (35) from Walmart for a total of $9.88 (there was a £2 off coupon on the side of one of them) so approx. £3 each (£5 in Boots)

The Taupe shade is quite different to how I expected- it looks far browner in the pot, but comes out quite grey- I wish the US had testers everywhere!


Bold Gold and Tough as Taupe



The last 2 items were somewhat impulse buys- The Loreal True Match foundation is actually one of the first drugstore foundations that seems to be the right shade for me (I got C2 Natural Ivory), so obviously I had to get it! I wore it on the day of the wedding and I like it so far- I'm sure I'll post a full review at some point. It was $8.97 (£5.30) in Walmart. The Sally Hansen Hard as Nails was a result of me getting frustrated that every single one of my nails broke the day before, I've not actually used it yet because the day after I bought it we all went to get gel manicures! That was $2.50 (£1.50) in Target.

Finally (in drugstore type products anyway) I stocked up on EOS lip balms!!!

Such a sweet little flower!

Yeah... I bought 7 of them.. (I actually bought 8 but gave one to my sister!) I have (clockwise from top!) Strawberry Sorbet, Lemon Drop (the one with SPF 15), Blueberry Acai, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Sweet Mint, Summer Fruit and Pomegranate Raspberry in the middle. They were $2.99 each, and although I've not had the heart to take them out of their packaging yet (it was tempting to rip them all open the second I left the checkout...) I know I will love them! :)

Lastly in terms of make up items, we visited an outlet mall- and I found a make up outlet store! I was very restrained and only bought 1 item- a MAC lipstick!






I picked out a lovely shade- Overtime- because I knew it would be the kind of colour I'd wear a lot, it's a paleish pink that is like the Baby-Barbie pink version of my-lips-but-better. I've worn it a couple of times and I like the formula- it stayed put through a glass of wine!- without feeling too drying, and I really do love the colour! :)

Ignore the sleepy face, fluffy hair and lazy make up- this was taken just after I got back from work last week!

I don't think I could never justify the purchase in the UK- they retail at £18 each!- but in the outlet store it was only $12.75 (£8!)

That's finally it for make up, but I also couldn't resist stocking up on some yummy American treats!




For some very annoying reason I can't seem to get hold of peanut butter m&m's- and they are the worlds best ones! I also love the mint ones (I'm a sucker for mint chocolate) and of course Reese's Peanut Butter Cups- I really love them, and so does Dale and my sister so I bought 5 packets! (yep, 2 are gone already!) I must have looked like a right fattie at the checkout- but I can't say I really cared...



This lovely necklace was another impulse buy- I've seen quite a lot of these simple shaped metal necklaces about recently- unfortunately made in solid silver and way out of my price range- but I spotted this in a tiny shop in a mall on sale at about $4; I couldn't say no. I've not worn all that much jewellery recently, mostly because my jewellery storage is a mess and I can't get to or see anything! So I plan to sort it all out and wear more.

I've been on the vague hunt for a new bag for nearly 6 months now- my old one is looking a little sad and old but I tend to be quite fussy (liking pockets, a long enough strap, lots of space, not leather etc.) with bag purchases so I'd not found anything I like- until Target!





It has 3 sections, several pockets, plenty of space for all of my crap my necessary items and I love the shape and colour- plus it was on sale for $17! (about £10)

That's actually all for this haul post- there will be a part 2 to follow soon (hint- I spent a lot of time in a Bath and Body Works outlet store)

xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)