I have to say that I've been using quite a few things over and over again this month- so there aren't too many make up favourites (not new ones anyway!) but the few items I've chosen are true essentials, and they're pretty cheap too so I think everyone should pick them up!
OK so the two nail polishes (Models Own Juicy Jules and Maxfactor Fantasy Fire) are not exactly essentials... but they are both so pretty I cannot stop looking at them- definitely my top purchases of the past few weeks (and I've bought quite a silly amount of new polishes recently so that's saying quite a lot!)
The trio of eye shadows are brilliant everyday shades for me- and I think I have worn a combination of just these three for a couple of weeks now; Natural Collection Milk Chocolate is my absolute favourite crease colour (I spotted another, darker brown shadow in Boots today, I may have to pick it up) and either Natural Collection Barley or MUA Shade 1 work so well with it; some may consider it lazy or boring to reuse the same shades daily, but I love them!
Another great MUA product is their Love Hearts Lip Balm in Sugar Lips; it is quite moisturising and is great for when you want a little tint, I've managed to put quite a dent in it already!
My Garnier BB Cream was a little neglected in a lot of the winter months- my skin was too dry and irritated to deal with any face products (which was annoying, as I had a lot of redness!) but my skin is much happier now, and I'm loving my BB cream :) I like to apply it with my fingers, then give it a quick buff with my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush- which is so soft and dense, it's a pleasure to use, and it really helps to make sure I have even coverage :)
I've also been enjoying much the same skincare items- with the exception of my eye make up remover; I am SO happy I switched to using olive oil, my eyelids are in the best condition they've been in for years! I have, however, had pretty dry hands for some reason, but my trusty Neutrogena hand cream has been working it's magic for them.
I also have quite a few other random little favourites:
- Weddings! It was so much fun to see so much of my family (many of whom I've never met as they live in Scotland) all together!
- Butterscotch lattes- SO good, luckily I had some cream left over from my first batch as I had to make up more butterscotch sauce earlier!
- Easter is coming! I love creme egg season :) Plus my sister is on school holidays which has been fun so far.
- The Hunger Games- I bought the books and I've been re-reading it in the past few days, it's so good to read for a second time as I keep picking up on bits I missed in the first read :)
- I'm organising a (rather epic) swap with Pryanka, and I'm enjoying buying polishes for her as much as I've enjoyed thinking about all the lovely polishes I can actually get from the US- I cannot wait to post my parcel to her :)
- Titanic- I was a little dubious about the TV series, but I really love it! (even though you kinda know how it ends...)
|It may not look particularly exciting, but it tastes amazing!|
And I am currently loathing:
- The weather! I wish it would just make up it's mind- either be sunny or horrible, please stop switching around!!!
- I STILL haven't seen The Hunger Games (I'm planning to go tomorrow though :) )
- My sister will not shut up about Glee- it's on a 'mid-season break' and it's coming back next week, she is way to obsessed and it's getting annoying!
- I epilated for the first time in months last week- owchies! I'll build up my pain threshold again soon though *fingers crossed*
What are you loving and loathing at the moment?