Sunday 18 November 2012

A Collective Haul (Part 1)

Isn't it absurd that I've not written a non-nail art post in months... I'm sorry! I bought a new lamp at IKEA this weekend (along with a tonne of other stuff  for my new flat that I may show you at some other time- once I've built it...) which is brilliant for taking pictures at night, so fingers crossed I can get more posts up and more regularly :)

So over the past couple of months I've bought rather a lot of bits and pieces; I've had Birthday money, a Body Shop sale, and some other random bargains!

First up (because it's what I -unsurprisingly- have most of...) is nail polish! Barry M came out with 2 new collections of polish- the Gelly Hi-Shine and yet more beautiful Glitters. A while back they had a buy-3 get 1 free deal, and I got the Croc Effect and 'Web effect' (which unfortunately turned out to be rubbish :( ) - and best of all I spent my Birthday money on them, so technically these are gifts!

Barry M Polishes! Gellys in Grapefruit, Watermelon and Blackberry, Orange 'Web Effect',
Glitters in Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Pink Sapphire, and Burgundy Croc Effect

No7 have revamped their bottles- they're no longer really tall and thin, and the neck of the bottle is much nicer- yay! I got these two with Boots £5 off No7 vouchers. The Models Own looks SO much nicer in real life- with purple, blue and green duo-chrome effect.


No7 Celestial and So Neat, Models Own Hayley's Comet and George 3D Glitter

A close up of Hayley's Comet- the picture doesn't show it's true beauty :)

I found this lovely polish in the pound shop- I simply could not resist it; I've been wanting to try out Sally Hansen polishes for a while (as I love their base and top coats) and this is grey- so it's perfect for £1!


Sally Hansen Dorien Grey

No for some make up bits :) There was an e.l.f. sale (50% off) a while ago, and I took the opportunity to stock up on some essentials, and try out a couple of new things.


e.l.f Eyelid Primers in Champagne and Sheer, a Concealer Brush, an Eyeshadow Brush (these are awesome, I decided I needed two!) and a Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Plum Passion.

Studio Cream Eyeliner in Coffee (my current one is finally starting to dry out!), Studio Eyeshadow in Sand Dollar and  Studio Eyebrow  kit in  Light

I also spent some of my Birthday money on make up in Boots; I spotted a sale section with a bunch of Cargo products.

The Case

Cargo Cheek Activator, and the contents of the mini case. 

I've never tried them before, but I liked the look of this little collection (I knew, if nothing else, that the case would be useful!) and I love it- the OneBase certainly does not suit my skin tone, but the lipgloss and lip and eye pencils are great, and -most of all- I really love the Cheek Activator; it's a cream blush in a tube that blends out to become a lovely, natural (ish) flushed/rosey colour. I liked it so much I went back and picked up the full-sized tube for just £5.50! :)

And finally, I repurchased the lovely Collection concealer- mine is running, but it has lasted really well :)




I was planning to post this haul in 1 post, but I think it's too long- I'll post part 2 (with all my skincare, haircare and lip care products!) asap :)


What have you been buying recently?



                                                                                          xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen Cargo products before, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sad suspicion that they may have been on sale because it was being discontinued, but keep a look out in case it't not!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Woo! Quite the haul! Moving on to see what you got in Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long time coming... :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)