Monday 4 June 2012

Challenge Week 36: Summer!

This weeks 52 week challenge theme is summer- and it's another one I've been quite looking forward to! A couple of weeks ago I saw (I wish I could remember where, sorry!) a lovely 'grass tip' manicure, and I was itching to try it out myself- so the Summer theme is a perfect excuse for me, as Summer to me means spending lots of time outside in fields and my garden

I chose a pale blue background- No7 Minty Fresh- as 'sky' then painted on Barry M Spring Green with a middle sized nail art brush. It was pretty easy, and I love the results! I think it could work really well with any other colours to create 'drippy nails' or a skyline effect.

I also wanted an accent nail of sorts, so I painted a giant sunshine on my thumb nail- admittedly not the best place for it, as it looks like the sun is under the grass... but still, it was my second- and much more successful- attempt with acrylic paints (Henkel & Watermann Lemon Yellow) and I love it!











I don't know about the pictures, but looking at my nails makes me feel SO summery and happy- I think it's the giant sunshine! How can you fail to be happy looking at that :) I considered adding little clouds to the sky, but I rather like it as it is- nice and simple.


No7 Minty Fresh, Barry M Spring Green,
Henkel & Watermann Lemon Yellow acrylic

Whilst I was in the garden taking pictures of my nails, I found these pretty little flowers- I have no clue what they are but I couldn't resist throwing in a couple of pictures of them (because this post clearly doesn't have enough pictures in it...)




What does Summer make you think of?



                                                                                                        xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. Very summery! I prefer yours to mine :P http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--DOESDlMn3Y/T8Xk42i3NAI/AAAAAAAAB-I/yrZWzOfp_MI/s640/544211_682805253408_276702688_4738218_850417474_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love yours too- I must use more yellow polish! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)