Friday 18 May 2012

Oh look- another haul!

I made a little shopping trip today, and ended up picking up quite a lot in Boots- there were a few things I needed and several things I wanted!

First of all, I've nearly used up my current moisturiser, and for me there's nothing worse than being without a new one on hand- as someone with dry skin I never want to be left without! After a lot of thought (seriously, it took ages of going back and forth!) I picked out this Johnson's Face Care daily essentials nourishing 24 hour day cream (mouthful!) It's a skincare brand I've never really used (aside from baby products!) but I gave it a test in Boots and I think I'll quite like it!




Naturally I had to take advantage of the current 3 for 2 on skincare/bodycare products so I also got two lovely new shower gels from Boots Extracts. These. Smell. Amazing! I'm sure I've eaten mango sorbet that smelled exactly the same as this! They do contain SLS but it doesn't irritate my skin at all, and as well as smelling delicious they also contain some Fairtrade products which I love :)




I've been wanting to try out some (very) slightly more adventurous lipstick and blush shades- with all the new collections and lots of orangey coral shades I thought I might venture into peachy toned products. And where better to try it out than Natural Collection with their 3 for £5 deal. I chose a dark brown eyeshadow- Crushed Walnut- I've been lusting after for a while, along with a peachy blush (Peach Melba) and a peachy lipstick (Rose Petal- which is kinda funny as the other Natural Collection lipstick I have is Rose Bud)





I've just tried out Rose Petal and I really really like it (even more than I thought I would!) as it's peachy but not too warm for my skin tone :)  I have a feeling Crushed Walnut might become another staple shade for my crease- it's a simple matte dark brown shade.


Top to Bottom: Crushed Walnut, Peach Melba and Rose Petal

Next is something that everyone and their mother seems to own and rave about- the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer- I've been enjoying my current concealer (e.l.f. Studio Concealer and Brush) a little less recently- I find that the stick formula is a little too dry (I think it might have dried up due to age, I'm sure it's worse now) and clings (and makes more obvious!) any dry patches when I use it.

Seeing as SO many people seem to love it I thought I'd give it a try- and I think I'm already glad I did, I've played around with it a little since I got home and it's a perfect colour match (I have shade 1 Fair -naturally) to me and the liquidy formula seems more forgiving on dryness.




And finally, what is a haul from me without at least something nail polish related...




So I 'accidentally' went into the poundshop again and found more Revlon polishes- this is Oh My Magenta, which doesn't look too amazing in these pictures, but in real life it has a great blue duo chrome effect and a lovely shimmer- and it's such a bright pink! :) Surprisingly (considering the huge number of pink polishes me and my sister own- 2 whole nail wheels!) this isn't like any polish we own!

And another little polish related purchase is erm... hole reinforcers... it's a half-moon theme on the 52 week challenge next week, and the best way to achieve the look is with hole reinforcers! So I picked these up at Ryman for £2.09- and with 500 stickers I think they'll last me forever!




What have you been buying recently?



                                                                                                             xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm quite excited about it! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)