Monday 16 April 2012

Challenge Week 29: Inspired by Fashion!

Now I have to say that I was a little nervous about this weeks 52 week nail challenge theme; I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not really one for following fashions, so I had absolutely NO clue what I could do... Fortunately I do enjoy reading Glamour magazine, and a quick flick through my copy of the April edition gave me a great idea!

I saw this United Colors of Benetton advert in Glamour and immediately thought 'ooh I've not done any taping in ages, and I have new tape to play with!'




It's full of bright colour blocking clothing items- lots of unusual (to me anyway...) colour combinations, which I thought might translate well onto colour blocked nails :)




I know I've not yet shown you my new striping tape yet, I'm waiting on one more thing before I show you my little haul of new nail art goodies!









Several of my nails take direct inspiration from the outfits in the advert- my ring finger copies the colour combination worn by the woman on the far left- with the two blue shades and a red belt/tape stripe, whereas my index finger is fairly different to the outfit I picked to 'copy' (second woman on the right) - the pink on my nail is much more pale than her trousers (I didn't want it to match up with my middle finger) and I used purple striping tape in place of her blue belt.

I'm actually really pleased with how these turned out, despite the fact that I'm terrible at doing anything involving straight lines! (I don't think you can tell in the pictures, but the blue stripes on my thumb definitely do not go straight across my nail...)


Lots of polish! Models Own Snow White, No7 Stand Back, Barry M Indigo, Barry M Fuchsia,
e.l.f. Teal Blue, Models Own Fuzzy Peach and e.l.f. Light Pink.




 Do you like your nails be on trend and/or matching your outfit? Or (like me) do you prefer to paint them however your mood takes you?



                                                                                                        xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I like this, my fashion inspired one turned out a little disastrous. I have no clue as to fashion so had to look about online, I tried doing tribal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Eek, I think I'll have to tackle tribal at some point (it's in the challenge in a few weeks! Wish me luck!)- look forward to seeing yours!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. I like yours a lot! The striping tape looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm quite pleased seeing as it's my first try with them! (just need to work on getting them straight!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)