Monday 2 April 2012

Challenge Week 27: Easter!

This weeks 52 week challenge theme is Easter- which to me basically means chocolate eggs (yum!) My personal favourites are Caburys Creme Eggs (I've already had 2 this year...!) but I don't think I could ever pull the pattern of the wrapper off on my nails- instead I settled for chocolate egg nails; with a ribbon on one nail, and lots of pretty pastel coloured decorations on the others :)

I used a dotter for my nails, and a striper brush for the ring fingers- and I also added three dots in the centre of the ribbons, it accidentally mixed a little, so I went with it and swirled it around in the middle of the dots! (I hope you can see that detail in the pictures!)

I apologise for the terrible condition of my cuticles, I had to use acetone to clean up my cuticles from the base coat, and my skin really didn't appreciate it! And yet more apologies that the pictures aren't the best, it's been really cloudy and grey today so the daylight has been really odd... Anyway, I hope you like the nail art!









I used a rather aptly named e.l.f polish - Chocolate- as a base coat (2 coats) and it really is a good milk chocolate shade- I wish I had some actual chocolate to photograph and compare it with :) Then I used 4 colours to create the dots and ribbon on top with a small dotting tool :)


China Glaze For Audrey, Barry M Peach Melba,
Revlon Sunshine Sparkle and No7 Minty Fresh


I wasn't expecting to love this quite as much as I do, I'm not generally a fan of brown (unless it's eye shadow!) but this works really well, and it's kind making my hungry thinking about chocolate so much...


Are you planning any Easter themed nail art?



                                                                                                        xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! :D I love it! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad you like it!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Adorable! These are such great colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just love that the brown I used is actually called chocolate!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)