Thursday 29 March 2012

Tag- 40 Questions of Beauty :)

Once again I've managed to get tonsillitis- which is especially annoying when you consider how nice it is outside! (having a fever when it's warm is approximately 10x worse than in winter when it's still cold!) - and although I feel rubbish I still wanted to post something, I decided I'd feel just as awful if I were dozing on the sofa...


I found this tag on the lovely Melanies Blog, and I thought today was the perfect time to post it :) As the title might suggest, there are 40 beauty related questions- enjoy!


1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice; morning and evening
2) What skin type do you have?
Dry and sensitive, it's a total pain! Although now the weather is a bit nicer and we don't have central heating on all the time it is feeling a bit better :)


3) What is your current facial wash?
I alternate (depending on mood, laziness and skin condition) between Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser and Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Scrub.

4) Do you exfoliate?
Yes! Both of the cleansers I use have some kine of gentle exfoliation in them, but I also use St. Ives Apricot Scrub sometimes too.

5) What moisturiser do you use?
I'm currently using Boots Expert Sensitive Daily Defence Moisture Cream- but I've not yet found a moisturiser I've liked enough to repurchase- and this one has been discontinued anyway!


6) Do you have freckles?
Yes, lots! I was about 6 when I first got them (after a holiday abroad) and I was completely horrified, but now I love them- even if I do have freckles in odd places like on my knees and eyelids!

7) Do you use an eye cream?
Yes, but not all the time- I use a Simple eye balm, but I also use Rescue Oil sometimes too- I do get quite dry eyelids so it depends on how they're feeling :)


8) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I'm quite prone to blackheads, and I get the occasional spot (thank you hormones!) but I've never really had bad acne.


9) Did you ever have to use Proactiv?
No, and I'm not even sure if you can get it in the UK...


10) What foundation do you use?
I have a mineral powder foundation from e.l.f., but mostly I use my Garnier BB Cream.


11) How about concealer?
I have 2 lovely e.l.f. concealers- the Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter duo (for my under eyes, obviously) and a Studio Concealer Pencil and Brush which I use for everything else.


12) Do you know your undertone colour?
I'm cool toned.


13) What do you think of false eyelashes?
I love them on other people, but I'm not such a fan of them on me- my lashes are already pretty long and full, and I have quite smallish eyes so I think they can look a little silly on me!


14) Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, doesn't everyone? I can't say I strictly adhere to that rule though- as long as my mascara doesn't smell iffy then I'll still use it until it runs out (which usually isn't much longer than 3 months anyway!)


15) What brand of mascara do you use?
I'm currently using 17 Va Va Voom mascara- I can't decide yet if I'll repurchase or pick out a new mascara; I love this one but I don't know if there's anything better out there :p


16) Sephora or MAC?
We don't have a Sephora in the UK, but I don't really want to say MAC as I kinda think their products are overpriced... perhaps I'll stick with Boots!


17) Do you have a MAC Pro Card?
Nope, I don't own a single MAC product...


18) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use my fingers and my e.l.f. Studio powder brush for foundation/BB Cream, a few e.l.f. brushes for my eyes, and eyelash curlers are an essential for me :)

19) Do you use an eye primer?
Yes! I love the e.l.f. regular line primer- it really makes a difference to my eye make up longevity and intensity, I've gotten through several tubes now!

20) Do you use a face primer?
Not usually, I do have a Smashbox Photo Finish primer and I've used it a few times; but I don't wear face make up that much anyway.
21) What's your favourite eyeshadow?
Ooh hard one, I think I'll have to pick out a boring staple- Natural Collection Milk Chocolate; I use it as a crease colour almost everyday, I think everyone should own one!
22) Liquid or pencil eyeliner?
Err... Cream eyeliner actually! I could never get liquid to work properly for me, and I like pencil but I do prefer the defined look of my e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner :)
23) How often do you poke yourself in the eye with eyeliner?
Fairly often (also with mascara wands) At university I did a lot of make up on coaches (on the way to dance competitions) so I've done a LOT of eye-poking :(
24) What do you think of mineral pigments?
Beautiful, but messy!

25) Do you use mineral makeup?
Occasionally, as I said I have an e.l.f. mineral foundation but I don't use it all that regularly.

26) What is your favourite lipstick?
A toss-up between Natural Collection Rose Bud and e.l.f. Mineral Nicely Nude- both are lovely everyday shades :)

27) How about lip gloss?
Not a huge lip gloss fan- but I'm really enjoying the MUA Love Hearts Lip Balms that are rather lip-glossy!



28) What's your favourite blush?
Probably my MUA Mosaic in English Rose- it goes with pretty much any make up. 

29) Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
I'm a bit wary of make up on eBay- I do get nail polish (and nail art supplies) from eBay quite a lot though :)

30) Do you like drugstore makeup?
YES! I love it, and there's so much good, cheaper make up available I don't understand why people buy more expensive brands!

31) Do you go to CCO’s (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
I would if I could get to one! Unfortunately there's not one near me :(

32) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Not really, I don't think I'd find them particularly useful- besides I learn a lot from youtube videos!

33) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes, especially if I'm in a rush (I'll slap it on and rush out the door)


34) What's your make up pet peeve?
Badly matching or poorly blended foundation- I can understand almost every other make up 'crime'- some people may like wearing tonnes of blush or visible lip liner, but surely everyone wants their foundation to blend nicely with their skin?

35) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
A bit of both I guess, I definitely am more of a neutrals girl- but I do like the option of a bright lip once in a while.

36) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I don't really make an effort to keep up with celebrity gossip etc, so I rarely see pictures of celebrities with bad make up- though I have to say I'm often envious of Taylor Swift and Nicole Kidmans make up- possibly because they have similar colouring to me and their make up styles would probably suit me :)

37) If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Concealer- if I could cover up blemishes, red patches and my dark under eye circles I'd be happy to go otherwise make up-less

38) Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Do you think you look good even without makeup on?
Yes, I did today (though I didn't leave the car, I was driving my Dad somewhere) I wouldn't say I look good without make up, but I don't look too terrible and although I prefer to go out with make up on, I don't HAVE to, and if there's no time for make up I wont mind.

39) In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Has to be e.l.f.- so many of my make up staples are from e.l.f., their products are such high quality and are so inexpensive- love them!

40) What do you think of makeup?
I love it! I think it's a good way to enhance your natural beauty, cover up imperfections, and have fun using your face as a canvas! :)



I hope you enjoyed this tag post- I tag all of you to post your own answers, I'd love to hear your thoughts! (let me know if you do!)





                                                                                                      xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read your responses yet but I saw the first line so I'm commenting. FEEL BETTER SOON! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I agree that its just that much worse to be sick when its so nice out! >_<

    I'll post this tag soon! I want to do your Hunger Games one too, that you did a little while ago, but not sure if I should post it to my blog or somewhere else >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, I really want to be enjoying the weather (it may be the only summre we get in the UK) but I'm inside sleeping and watching tv because I can't do anything else!

      Yay I can't wait to see your answers! You should post it on your blog! (with spoiler alerts)- it's your blog you can post what you want!

      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)