Tuesday 20 March 2012

Fantasy Fire- Nail of the Day :)

Once again I apologise for taking so long to post this, as I mentioned yesterday I've been busy and exhausted... but I'm back now, and I am SUPER excited about showing you this NOTD, I freaking LOVE this polish :)

I couldn't decide which polish I wanted to use as a background/underwear colour (I knew I didn't want to use Fantasy Fire alone, I've heard it takes about 7 coats to become opaque!) so I chose a few different ones to see which I like best. I had e.l.f. Black on the thumb, then Barry M Indigo, No7 Violetta, Max Factor Intense Plum then e.l.f. Medium Red on the index to little fingers :)



e.l.f. Medium Red, Max Factor Intense Plum,
Barry M Indigo, No7 Violetta and e.l.f. Black



I then added 3 coats of Fantasy Fire over the top, and spent at least half an hour admiring it's beauty before I took pictures; I know how lovely it looks in the bottle, but it's equally as impressive on the nails :) And it's very interesting how different it looks against the different background shades I used.

Prepare for photo-spam!













I agree with most others that it looks stunning against Barry M Indigo, but I also really love it over Intense Plum- you can't really tell from the pictures but the blue and green duo chrome effect does show up, and even in dull light it gives a lovely gold and red shimmery effect over the plummy base.

Unfortunately (as I should have anticipated, based on it's track record) Violetta looked stunning, but has this trick of sucking up any polish you paint on top of it, so the pretty effect lasted about 2 hours before returning to look as if I'd not put Fantasy Fire over the top.

It also looks amazing over black, the green, red and gold duo chromes are strongest, and in some lights it reminds me of hot coals- the effect is actually quite similar to the Andrea Fullerton flaky polish I have :)

Fantasy Fire is stunning over basically every shade I tried, I can really see why everyone has gone a bit mental for it, if you can get hold of it yourself I think you should- although £3.99 is a lot for a tiny 5ml bottle, I think it's beauty justifies the price!


Have you tried Fantasy Fire over any other shades? Or have any other colour recommendations for me? :)



                                                                                                          xGretalRabbitx

10 comments:

  1. Ooh your nails look really pretty, I haven't actually tried Fantasy Fire but definitely want to try it out :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should! It's so pretty! I've heard that Boots has better stock now, take a look!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. oooh I like it over the thumb nail, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too- I just love it! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. I love it! I'm a huge fan of layering over non-black colors. Black is so overdone xP Even this look...like a fantasy fire skittle...is super cute on its own, even if you weren't swatching/reviewing it. Lovely, lemming it even more now :P

    xoxo
    Pryanka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is true (though sometimes it's nice, because it's a good neautral colour that goes well with everything!) It's funny how I ended up with a bit of a gradient effect across my nails isn't it :)

      Did you get my email? Reply with your address and I'll send you one! :)

      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  4. i bought fantasy fire the other day and it took 4 coats to become opaque! i love love love the polish! so pretty!! it looks beautiful over the barry m indigo but its a shame that it almost "disappeared"! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats good, maybe I will try it alone then :) I think Indigo is my favourite base too! Yeah Violetta always sucks up the colour (I've used it with crackle and glitter before and it's done exactly the same thing...) must be something to do with the formula or pigments (other No7 polishes don't have the same problem!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  5. I used it on its own, like Emma it took 4 coats. There was still some vnl but it was stunning. Like a rainbow-purple-holographic-glitter fest! It is so delicate and squishy! I'm going to stick to using it on its own as I LOVE jelly finishes! You should definitely try it, even if just on one nail to see, I bet you'll love it too! I might even leave it at 3 coats next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've convinced me! I need to paint my nails tomorrow so I'll give it a try and see how I like it :) I've seen it over nude polishes and that looks awesome too- sounds like I'll be playing around with polish a lot tomorrow!!!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)