Having said that I'm very excited to be back, I recently got myself an iPhone (after years of living with the least-smart phone possible) and discovered the twitter and blogger apps! I'm not going to make any promises about how much I'll post, I don't want to place expectations on myself (because I get so frustrated with myself if I'm too busy to keep up with my schedule)
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the things that have kept me rather busy in 2013:
• I (voluntarily, because I'm crazy!) organised and ran a Brownie holiday for 2 nights (I've never slept so badly in my life- I was constantly paranoid one of the Brownies would need something!) I took 10 girls and there were 2 other leaders to help, but it was stressful! I'm very glad I did it though, as I now have my pack holiday license so I can take brownies away whenever we want to go:)
• I went to California for 2 weeks with 3 friends (one of my friends from uni moved out there in 2012, so we went to visit her!) we had such an amazing time; we saw the Grand Canyon, went clubbing and gambling in Vegas, saw San Diego zoo, saw all the sights of San Francisco and even did some pedal boating near Laguna beach (home of The Hills) :)
• I found myself a lovely new boyfriend :) We met through a mutual friend who I work with/ he went to uni with and we've been together 10 months now. He's moving in with me in May and I'm so excited! (My current housemate is moving to Texas so we're going to be redecorating the whole apartment!)
• Neglected to paint my nails for over 6 months straight (I have no idea why....) and completely lost track of the 52 week challenge- I'm very disappointed in myself that I gave up.
• Played 70+ hours of Sims 3 (the bf has a computer that is actually capable of running it- my PC is neary dead, poor thing) and I love it so much! I have the seasons, university and pets expansions (so far!)
• A close family friend (and my mentor as a Brownie leader) passed away very suddenly- which means that I'm now the leader on charge of my Brownie unit. It's been a very steep learning curve for me, the other leaders and the girls, but I think we've all settled in now and things are going well.
• I saw Matilda in London- a birthday preset from the bf, it was AMAZING!!! (I'm so glad I'm with someone that doesn't hate musical theatre)
• Started taking salsa classes again, I missed dancing so much (I danced at least 3 hours almost every day when I was at uni) and I'm glad of the exercise too.
• Was asked to be a bridesmaid for the first time (my aforementioned current housemate is moving to Texas to get married, so I'm going to her wedding in Austin, Tx this July!!!)
• Managed to spend far too much money on make up and skincare (I think I'll be posting a favourites of 2013 soon!)
• Reached level 127 of Candy Crush..... Perhaps I shouldn't be proud of that one. (It wasn't even on my phone, I constantly pinched my boyfriends.... And now I have my own iPhone I've lost all my progress anyway.)
• Struggled with some nasty eczema :( I have a big patch on my right wrist/hand, I keep thinking it's going away but it just comes back! And I've had it on my fingers, eyelids, lips and inside my elbows too. I'm not sure why it's been so bad this year, and I've tried so many things! (Recommendations welcome)
• Become the proud owner of an iPhone 4S (though technically that happened this year, about 3 days ago!) my boyfriends contract was up, so instead of trading it in I bought it off him (I've got a giffgaff sim whih I highly recommend so far, I get 250 mins and unlimited texts and data for £12 a month) so any new app recommendations would be highly appreciated, I can share which ones I currently have if you're interested?
• Learned to make sushi! It's delicious, and not actually all that hard :)
Well obviously I've done a whole lot more in a year (I hope) but I think they're some of the highlights and important events of my year.
As I've said I hope to be starting to post regularly (perhaps just 1 post a week) so is there anything you'd particularly like to see?
Ive also been pretty shocking at keeping up with blog posts, so tell me what you've been up to in the comments, I've missed you all so much! :)