Sunday 17 June 2012

My (first) week (at work) has mainly been spent...

So I've had a whole week in my new job now, and so far I've really enjoyed it. I seem to have joined the company at quite a nice time as the department I'm with has just had a major reshuffle and it's moved offices- which means that it's not just me who is new to the place (half of the other staff don't really know what's going on either!) and I'm settling in as much as they are :)

This week I have mostly been:
  • Filling, filling, filling.... all of the departments filling system was being temporarily stored in boxes- and I've spent most of my time replacing them all back into an actual filing cabinet.
  • Trying, and (thankfully) mostly managing, to remember peoples names!
  • Wondering why on earth people can't manage to put files away in alphabetical order (the filing system was a total mess!)
  • Not enjoying getting up at 7am every single day. I'm not much of a morning person, and it's sometimes hard for me to fall asleep early...
  • Watching the US being Human- it's not so good as the UK version, though I've heard it gets much better as it goes on.
  • Stapling bits of paper together! (I think I've used at least 8 or 9 strips of staples in one week)
  • Enjoying my blogaversary cake, and celebrating my blog turning one year old!
  • Being really sad that office work really is not good for my nails
  • Having the daily 'what to wear' panic!
  • Excitedly opening an e.l.f. package and playing around with the new products :)
  • Making healthy packed lunches every evening. Not sure how long that might last though...
  • Loving watching YouTube videos- sometimes I don't have time for a whole episode of something
  • Being sad that the weather is so terribly bad again- does the weather not know it's JUNE for goodness sake!!!
  • Loving wearing make up everyday- when I was at home all day I often didn't bother, but I've had the opportunity and inclination to experiment a lot more this week :)
  • Drawing mehndi patterns on paper hands with my Brownies- they loved it!
  • Smothering my nails in oils and creams every night.
  • Struggling to think of nail art ideas for the Inspired by Technology theme (I've already painted them, you can see tomorrow)
  • Drinking silly amounts of coffee and cold brewed coffee :)
  • Enjoying weekend at least 2000% more than I did before I was working!

What have you been up to this week?


                                                                                                      xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)