Monday 26 March 2012

Challenge Week 26: Pastel :)

OMG I'm actually halfway through the 52 week challenge!!!! I really cannot believe it, 6 months has gone quite fast and I'm thrilled that so many people are still taking part (I've said it before, but I still really can't believe that people all over the world are painting their nails every week with themes I thought up at about 3am one random night when I couldn't sleep!) I can't wait for the next 6 months either!
I have to say I had quite big plans for this manicure, I thought about doing funky french tips or glitter gradients or stamping or pin marbling.... but I picked out 5 of my favourite pastel shades and painted my nails, then decided I loved them as they are- sometimes simple is best :)









I used 5 lovely pastel shades, which all happen to be Models Own and No7, and then topped each nail with a matte top coat (also No7) I love the effect, it's so cute and spring-like; my sister and I went shopping yesterday and I'm sure I saw clothes in all of these colours in shops; clearly I'm very on-trend!

I really am a fan of matte nails, and I think they work especially well with pastel shades- it reminds me of chalk!


Models Own Lemon Meringue, No7 Lucky Lilac, MO Pro Yas-Mint, MO Pastel Pink, MO Beth's Blue
 and No7 Matte Top Coat

What are your favourite colours for Spring?



                                                                                                                     xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. love love love the matte over these, looks great. I love MO polish but never tried their pro colours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love pastel colours mattified :) I got this (and 5 others) free when MO had a facebook giveaway, they're not much different to the regular MO polishes (though they smell ncier) I'm not convinced they're worth £8 but some of the colours in the line are pretty nice.
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. These colours are great, I love pastels now that the weather is improving :) I love the added matte coat :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too! They're perfect Spring nails!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)