Thursday 1 December 2011

Currently loving... And loathing...

It's the first of December!!! That means Christmas is only 25 days away and I am SOOOO excited! :)

I completely missed out on the pre-Christmas build-up last year; until Christmas eve I was in the rather sunny and non-Christmassy climates of Fiji and New Zealand. The first time I heard a Christmas song last year I was laying on a Fijian beach in at least 30C heat, I didn't properly realise it was Christmas until about December the 18th, when I had a Starbucks gingerbread latte in Christchurch- it was amazing! :)

Currently Loving: as usual I have quite a few current favourites, here are the make up and skincare products:




Seeing as there are so many, I'll save you from what could/would turn into a lot of rambling, and link to my in depth product reviews and pictures instead!
I'm also really enjoying my new BundleMonster plates- I've not used them on my actual nails yet, but I've been spending some time stamping each image onto paper (I've only got about 8 plates left!) and seeing all how they all transfer, they're awesome :)




I bought this little charm from Primark at the beginning of the month, and since turning it into a necklace pendant I've worn it almost everyday since- it's sparkly and seasonal and I love it!

Bonus favourites:

The material I used as the background for the above photographs is actually my dressing gown- which I've been wearing a lot recently (PJs at 8pm!)

Now it's December I feel totally justified in listening to my Christmas CD on repeat (When I was about 10 once listened to it in June because I wanted Christmas to hurry up...) I love Christmas songs, they're all so happy and upbeat, I really never get tired of them.

Advent calendars! I have an awesome Doctor Who one, and no matter how old I get I will always love opening up the little doors and eating the chocolate :)




Currently Loathing:

Cold weather (hence the dressing gown!) And there's not even any snow :(

Waiting to put up the Christmas tree and decorations... my Dad is a traditional Scotsman, which means he doesn't want to put up the tree until Christmas eve, and must take it down on Twelfth Night, my sister and I want them all up now, it's a battle of wills (eventually we will win, but probably not for another couple of weeks)

Remember my rather healthy looking naked nails 2 weeks ago? Well they've gone seriously downhill.. I have no idea why but they've become flaky and breaking and horrible. They're currently having a little rest from polish and are enjoying some much needed TLC with my e.l.f. Nourishing Cuticle Pen and Rescue Oil.

What are your current favourites?


                                                                                                 xGretalRabbitx

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, it's so easy to convert from the bracelet charm (try it!) I think I've gone a bit too Christmas-Crazy though...
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Doctor Who advent calendar! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get one quick! You're missing out on window opening days :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Body Shop almond body butter is so wonderful!! I love their products. I would have to say that their cocoa butter body butter is one of my faves. Also I love their soaps!
    I LOVE the necklace you made!! :D So beautiful!
    And a Dr. Who advent calendar?? Awesome. If only I could get my hands on one of those for my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love th body shop too- can't wait for their sales to satrt after Christmas! Thank you :) Darn, they're all over the place in the UK- I'm sure there must be one somewhere near you!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a black elastic choker type necklace and hook that type of charms to it all the time. Really versatile. I haven't seen that snowflake one before, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Enigma, awesome- I'm glad it's not just me that does it! Primark is definitely the best place for little charms- go look :)

    @Brittany Facets of Fuchsia is AMAZING- everyone should have it!!!

    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)