Saturday 31 December 2011

2011: Looking Back....

Like many people (I'm sure you've noticed lots of similar blog posts) I find New Years Eve a great time for reflecting on how my year has gone, and I thought I'd share my little review of 2011 with you :)

At the beginning of the year I'd just got back from travelling around Australia, Fiji and New Zealand- so I spent the first several weeks getting used to cold weather and being back at home. Once I'd settled in I got back to helping at my Brownie group, looking frantically for a job and doing the cooking and cleaning at home- back down to earth with a bump really!

Sometime around March/ April I really got into nail art, and wearing make up a lot more regularly (to be honest I'm not sure why) and reading tonnes more blogs (though I've been a fan of youtube and blogs for at least 3 years) so after much thought and indecision I finally started my own blog in June (the 13th to be exact, a post on chocolate brownies and mango cupcakes)




I think it took me a while to get into the swing of things, but I did instantly love blogging (as I thought I would) and I've posted almost every day since! I wish I'd noted down GFC follower landmarks (simply because I like to look back on things like that), but I know I'd reached 40 followers around October sometime, and today there are 76 lovely people who care about what I ramble on about every day! (A HUGE thank you to each and every one of you, it really means a lot to me :) )


My top three posts of this year (by quite a margin actually) are:

My DIY Lip Scrub 'recipe'



An e.l.f. Nail Polish Review
and my MUA Heaven and Earth Palette Review



Another big landmark for me was creating 52 Week Nail Challenge at the end of September; I thought up a different nail art theme each week for a whole year (and I'm already 1/4 of the way through!!!) and I'm so so so happy that the idea has spread and so many bloggers and nail art enthusiasts have taken up the challenge :) If you haven't thought about doing it, you should! It really is so much fun!


So now it's the end of 2011 and overall I've had a pretty good year- I love my blog, and I really love the blogging community :)

Lets hope 2012 will be just as good (or hopefully, even better!) See you in 2012 :)


                                                                                                                    xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I am very glad to be able to read your wonderful blog! :D I hope that you have a wonderful new year, and that 2012 brings you many fantastic times!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, I'm so glad that you enjoy what I write :) Hope you have a great new years evening in (it's 1am here now, and I had a relaxed time in my pjs with my rats :))You too- happy 2012!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)