Friday 14 October 2011

Review: e.l.f. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm.

Next on my list of lip balms to be reviewed is the e.l.f. Studio Conditioning Lip Balms. I have four of these lovelies in my lip balm collection; they retail for £3.50 on the e.l.f. website for 7.5g of lip balm.


Top: Peaceful Pink, Mellow Melon
Bottom: Nice & Natural, Blissful Berry
 First of all, if you've seen any reviews on this lip balm before I'm sure you will have noticed that the packaging is pretty much universally disliked. I looks nice- sleek and square, but on a practical level... it's not great. Considering it contains 7.5g- exactly the same amount as a Carmex Pot- look at the size comparison below. It's just too large for me to carry it around (I know I use a big bag, but I have to draw the line somewhere) Plus, the nice square shape makes it even less travel-friendly; it's almost pointy and dangerous!




Despite the packaging I love the product inside; the lip balm is really moisturising. It has a more glossy texture than Carmex, it's more similar to a thick (and non-sticky) lip gloss than anything else, and they last quite a while on the lips before sinking in and disappearing. I probably wouldn't use this to 'cure' chapped and dry lips (for that I rely on Carmex and vaseline), but it works really well to keep my lips moisturised and protected throughout the day (especially as it has SPF 15- it's always good to have an extra layer of sun protection).

I really like that these lip balms manage to be both tinted and moisturising- I find that the two don't often mix well. The colours apply quite sheer (Blissful Berry is a little darker, but can still easily be applied sparingly for a sheer coverage), which I like because the application 'method' (i.e. fingers) doesn't guarantee neat and precise results- they're nice for a wash of colour to make me look a little more alive on cold days (my lips are quite pigmented in warm weather, but they get very pale and often go a bit blue when it's colder).


Peaceful Pink and Mellow Melon


Nice & Natural and Blissful Berry


I think I may purchase some small tubs to depot these lip balms into, because the packaging is the only let-down of this product. The balms themselves are smooth and moisturising as well as lovely shades, I think they're definitely worth a try :)


What do you think of the Studio Conditioning Lip Balms? Have you found a way to make the packaging work for you?


                                                                                                   xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)