Wednesday 27 July 2011

Nail of the Day: Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

I've seen quite a few Bumblebee-related nail art pictures and tutorials recently, and I decided to give it a go myself, on my sisters nails (I can't believe she sat still enough for me, she's just as wriggly as me unless she's painting her own nails) which I think was easier than trying on my own- I'm bad enough with my right hand, who knows what I'd be like trying to use nail art brushes with my left!




As you can see, they are far from perfect (especially as she wouldn't let me clean up the cuticle mess before I photographed them!) and I think I need a bit more practise with the nail art brushes, but I gave it my best effort and my sister and I think they are adorable anyway :)

I used Revlon Blue Lagoon as a base coat (it serves well as a sky colour- I used it in my cloudy skies nail art too) then with a large dotting tool I made the Bee shape with Barry M Pale Yellow. Next, I used a thin nail art brush to draw the dashes with e.l.f. Black, and (once the yellow dried) the wing, stripe and eye details on the Bee.

Revlon Blue Lagoon, e.l.f. Black and Barry M Pale Yellow.


 How are you with nail art tools? Have any tips for me?


                                                                                               xGretalRabbitx


p.s. I've now well and truly broken my self-imposed spending ban, e.l.f. have another 50% off sale (with £30 purchase) so you can expect a haul soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww those are such cute nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how cute are your nails?! I've never tried to create designs on my nails before (I'm awful at drawing lol) but after seeing this I may just have to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you- I'm useless at drawing too, but I found it much easier on my sisters nails than I would on my own! Get yourself some nail art brushes and have a play :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)