Thursday 14 July 2011

My Nail Polish storage.

Nail polishes are one of those things that are somewhat hard to store (at least for me) and everyone has their own method- I thought I'd share mine with you :)

To keep polishes in good condition, it is best to keep them upright, and in a cool place away from direct sunlight- for a long time a stored mine in a basket (all higgledy-piggledy) on my chest of drawers; not only was it not great for the life-span of my polishes, it was always hard to find the one I wanted, or to see all my colour options (on indecisive days) So I cleared out a drawer in my plastic tower thingy  (I think every make up addict has these!) and I have a 'nail drawer' (second from the top.)





I don't think I'm allowed to buy any new polishes for a while- they're pretty crammed in there!

I've used an old e.l.f. box, (am I being cheap, or environmentally friendly?) with the lid cut off, to help keep them all upright, and I use small strips of card to seperate polishes by colour. (I find that organising by colour is easier for me because I can locate the shade I want fast, but I know some people like to organise by brand- whatever works best for you!)

As someone keenly noticed in a NOTD I've used a dotting tool to put little dots of polish ontop of each bottle, so I can see from above what colour is inside (it saves a lot of time pulling up lots of polishes to get the right one!)

I will be doing a 'brand overview' for each brand of polish I have, so you will see each polish I have, as well as what I think of them all, over the next few weeks. Have mostly e.l.f. and No.7 polishes, as well as Barry M, Revlon, Models Own etc. If you have a burning desire to hear my views on a certain brand first, please let me know and I'll happily oblige :)

How do you store your polishes?
                
                                                                                             xGretalRabbitx

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea...putting dots on top of polishes! I may have to steal that =P Although I don't think my collection is big enough yet, but its getting there lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that polish dot on top of the bottles is an absolutely brilliant idea! I've got all mine (I don't know how many, I've given up counting) in one of my dad's old tool boxes. Not exactly pretty but it means I can separate them by colour and keep them out of the sun! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie feel free to steal away :)

    Ooh I love toolboxes- I like all the little compartments! Sounds perfect for nail polish storage.

    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! That is some Nailpolish collection!
    I found you on beautylish btw! Following :)

    I just publishes a post about some Marc Jacobs/Michael Kors goodies! And some other stuff :) http://makeupinsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) (I'll be sure to take a look at your blog too!) I love beautylish, discovering and reading new blogs has totally replaced watching tv for me!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting a dot of polish on the tops is a great idea. I have no idea why I haven't done it to my polishes yet because I did that for my acrylic paints. I have my polishes stored in my plastic tower by brands in one draw and my favorites in another drawer but I wanna find a better way to store them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, yeah it really does make it easier to dot them all :) I recommend sorting by colour, it makes it easy to find specific polishes and I've found it can be quite good at giving me inspiration- if I feel like purple polish I can see all my options together!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)